Here’s the challenge in a nutshell (there are more detailed guidelines below): Between July 1st and July 31st, read as many books as you can either by Canadian authors, or set in Canada. Post reviews on your blog (or, if you don’t have a blog, GoodReads, Amazon, Chapters/Indigo, Barnes & Noble, etc., will do), then post the link in the Linky that will be posted on all three hosts’ blogs on July 1st.
PURPOSE OF THIS CHALLENGE:
To bring attention to Canadian authors and show the love! I’m sure a lot of people will be surprised that some of their favorite authors are Canadian, or that authors they’ve heard of but haven’t read yet are Canadian.
- Please follow all three of your hosts in some way (GFC, BlogLovin’, Networked Blogs, email, whatever is available and whatever your preference is)
- To complete the challenge and be eligible for the prizes, you must read and review at least one book either by a Canadian author or set in Canada. Each book read and reviewed counts as an entry in the giveaway, so the more books you review, the more chances you have to win. You can find a list of Canadian authors here (if you know of any others, feel free to leave a comment and they’ll be added to the list – this list was made last year for the challenge and hasn’t been updated since).
- A Linky will be posted on July 1st for you to add your reviews to. Reviews must be posted for the first time between July 1st and July 31st to count toward the challenge.
- You can sign up anytime, as long as you follow the rest of the guidelines. Sign-ups will remain open until July 30th so that people who see this in July and want to participate won’t be left out.
- This challenge is open to everyone. You don’t have to blog to participate, as long as you can post your reviews somewhere (GoodReads, Amazon, etc). Also, you do not have to be Canadian – our co-host Patricia is American, which I think is pretty cool!
- Audiobooks, ebooks, and novellas do count for this challenge.
Be sure to grab the button and add it to your sidebar so people know you’re participating and can find the challenge. You can link back to either Ramblings of a Daydreamer, Workaday Reads, or Patricia’s blog. You don’t have to make a post on your blog, but if you want to, that’s great!
There will be two prizes this year: one winner will receive a $10 Amazon gift card (or book of choice from The Book Depository up to $10 as long as TBD ships for free to your country) and a second winner will receive a $5 Amazon gift card.
Winners will be selected at random, and will be contacted at the beginning of August. The giveaway is open internationally as long as you can accept Amazon gift cards or The Book Depository ships to you.
Are you interested in participating in this challenge? Simply enter your information in the Linky below (for example, Marie @ Ramblings of a Daydreamer), and don’t forget to follow all three hosts! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.
*This particular Linky is not for your reviews – that Linky will be posted separately on July 1st. Please leave the link where you’ll be posting your reviews (blog, GoodReads, Amazon, etc). Also, you only have to sign up once. The Linky is the same on all three hosts’ blogs.
- If you’re on Twitter, you can use the hashtag #CdnRC to find fellow participants and share what you’re reading, along with your reviews. You don’t have to follow us on Twitter, but all three hosts are available there: @SweetMarie83, @wrkreads, @patricialynne07
- Patricia wonders if there’d be any interest in a Twitter chat at some point during the month? If that’s something you’d be interested in, be sure to let us know in the comments!